Main article: Moose
Meese are the only land animals seen around Peräjärvi. They can only be encountered from late evening to early morning. There are certain areas where they cross the roads. There are at least two crossings along the highway and one crossing on the dirt roads. The moose can usually be seen crossing the roads near the warning signs.
A high-speed collision usually proves fatal for both the driver and the moose. The Satsuma will often be greatly deformed after a collision with the moose; they are very sturdy animals and not something the player would want to hit at great speed. Drive carefully at night to leave yourself sufficient reaction time to hit your brakes.
Main article: Pike
Pikes are fish that are found at the lake Peräjärvi, most likely in the waters around the island. Pikes can be caught with the fish trap found on the porch of the cottage on the island. They appear only when caught; they are not seen swimming in the lake.
Some different birds can be heard singing throughout the day. Birds' Finnish names are in parentheses. (list not complete):
- Cuculus canorus, common cuckoo (käki) - can be heard from midnight until 6 AM.
- Gavia arctica, black-throated loon (kuikka) - makes a high pitched wail, can be heard from 6 AM until noon and then from 6 PM until midnight.
- Fringilla coelebs, common chaffinch (peippo) - can be heard from noon until 6 PM.
- Columba palumbus, common wood pigeon (sepelkyyhky) - makes a cooing sound, can be heard from 6 PM until midnight.
- Scolopax rusticola, eurasian woodcock (lehtokurppa) - sounds like a frog.
Though dogs cannot be seen anywhere, they can be heard barking incessantly at night.
- Flies can be heard buzzing around the player when dirtiness gets too high. Use the shower to decrease dirtiness and get rid of the flies.
- Mosquitoes make an annoying high-pitched noise. You can get rid of the mosquitoes (at least for a little while) by using the mosquito repellent spray (buy from Teimo's shop).
- Grasshoppers can be heard chirping at around the dump next to the airfield
- Wasps can be found in a nest inside the Ruscko and the attic of the mansion. The player has a wasp sting allergy and will die if stung even once. They also cannot be outrun. To get rid of the nest, spray it with a fire extinguisher (risky), or dunk the Ruscko in the lake (safer, a little harder to do).