- This article is about Player's home. For other ones, see Houses.
The player's home (: koti) is located in the Kesselinperä area. The home address is Kesselinperäntie 3 and the postal code is 62362 Alivieska. The postal code isn't valid, but it points to somewhere in South Ostrobothnia.
The following things can be found in the player's home:
- Garage and driveway
- The unibody of dad's old car or the project car, the Satsuma, on the driveway
- All the parts for assembling the Satsuma (excluding the alternator belt, spark plugs, head light bulbs, and wheels) in the garage. The player can also find the tool box, sledgehammer, flashlight, gasoline jerrycan, car jack and floor jack here.
- An Amis Auto magazine where the player can order aftermarket car parts for their Satsuma.
- A moped, the Jonnez ES.
- A Finnish flag hung on the wall. A Royle garage flag was formerly hung in its place. The texture of the flag can be modified by replacing the
flag_garage.pngimage file in
\steamapps\common\My Summer Car\Images.
- A refrigerator in the kitchen where it's necessary to store food and drink items so they don't get spoiled.
- A note on the fridge.
- A working stove for cooking and coffee-brewing.
- An adjoining pantry with shelves where the player can store food or other items.
- A Finland-shaped clock mounted on the kitchen wall, for checking the time.
- Hallway and living room
- The phone on a telephone chair, for answering calls, like requests to empty septic tanks or delivering firewood. Picking up the phone during a thunderstorm can kill the player.
- A map and flyer promoting a local rally event, hung above the telephone chair.
- A ceiling-mounted smoke detector.
- A TV that airs a program every day from 10:00 to 22:00. From 22:00 to 10:00, the TV shows a test pattern; watching it greatly increases fatigue.
- A log-fed fireplace.
- A framed aerial photo of the property and its surroundings, hung between the player's bedroom and toilet doors in the hallway.
- Three framed watercolor paintings of landscapes in the living room (added 10.10.2021), successors to the winter painting removed in 2016.
- Cabinets and shelves in the living room where the player can place items. The shelves initially feature only a wooden locomotive, before books and a souvenir sculpture were added in the 10.10.2021 update.
- A potted plant by the living room shelves (added 10.10.2021).
- A bed in the player's bedroom, for sleeping – reduces fatigue.
- A desk in the player's bedroom, where the player can place a purchasable computer.
- A radio in the player's bedroom, for listening to music.
- A Balfield lamp in the player's bedroom.
- A scale in the parents' bedroom that tells the weight of the player.
- Three posters (the Satsuma GT, Curimus and Darkness posters) hung on the wall. The Satsuma GT poster was previously occupied by a GT racing poster and the Curimus poster was formerly a video poster. Their textures can be modified by replacing image files named
\steamapps\common\My Summer Car\Images.
- A toilet, for saving the game.
- Three faucets, one at the toilet (non-functional), one in the kitchen and another in the shower. It is possible to drink from the faucets and thus reduce thirst.
- A shower that reduces dirtiness.
- A sauna that reduces stress.
- Working lights and light switches for every room in the house.
- A basketball on the wardrobe of the player's bedroom and a hoop over the garage door, for passing time.
- A compost box
- A flagpole, on which a Finnish flag will appear every 6th of December (in the system clock) in celebration of Finland's Independence Day.
House fires can render certain parts of the house completely unusable. There is no in-game way to repair destroyed rooms. Standing in the fire for too long will cause the player to die.
Fire extinguishers can be used to extinguish house fires. If the player responds quickly it may be possible to save the room in which the fire started, otherwise the player will have to work to contain the spreading fire. Several fire extinguishers may be required to put out a big house fire.
There is a smoke detector in the main hallway that will alert the player of an appliance that is smoking and about to cause a fire. This gives the player about 30 seconds to turn off the appliance before a fire starts. There is no smoke warning for a fireplace fire, cigarette fire, fireworks fire, or explosive gas fire.
There are several ways to start a house fire:
- Leaving the sauna on for too long
- Leaving the TV on for too long
- Using the fireplace (small chance)
- Leaving the computer on for too long
- Leaving the stove on for too long
- Falling asleep while smoking a cigarette
- Detonating fireworks indoors
- Blowing up the gasoline or the diesel canister using the fireplace or the sauna
- Lightning strikes the house directly (extremely low chance)
- Using the Garbage barrel or the Grill inside the House
A house fire will not extinguish itself — rather, it will keep on burning until player extinguishes it. If you save the game during a house fire, after reloading the whole house will be burnt down.
Without game modifications, there are no ways to reverse damage from house fires.
- On a shelf in the living room there is a small wooden train. This is a reference to the second line in the song Routainen maa, the "death song" that is played when the player dies. The line in question is "Isä poltti puisen veturin," which translates to "Dad burned the wooden locomotive."
- If you find yourself on the roof for some reason, be wary of the chimney. If you jump in, you will not be able to get out on your own.
- In older build versions of the game, Kesselinperä didn't exist. The player's home was actually where the house with the septic tank, near the turnoff to the highway is at.
- There used to be two (somewhat large) trees outside of the player's bedroom window, however they were removed before the game's release.
- In earlier game versions, a ghost bug was closing/opening doors in houses. Although it is now confirmed by ToplessGun  to be a bug, some people still believe it was intentionally Paranormal activity.
- Since the 15.11.2019 update, urine stains will accumulate on the floor of the living room, bedrooms and kitchen if the player urinates there. Currently there is no way to get rid of the stains, but if you want to prevent it from happening, make sure you only urinate in the designated safe spots (shower, sauna, laundry room, garage, or the toilet), or outside the house at the yard.
- The compost is on the x: 0, z: 0 coordinate, which means that it is the center of the whole world in MSC.
- As opposed to the winter painting originally added and removed earlier in game development, the landscape paintings added in the 10.10.2021 update are not directly derived from any real-life sources. Rather, they were generated artificially using a generative adversarial network AI that was supplied with a library of existing landscape paintings for image training. This is evident by their imagery being vaguely recognizable from a distance, but appearing less comprehensible when viewed in detail.
Specific (but unknown) inputs can start a house fire while the player is not at home, as well as random door openings. These bugs have been confirmed by Toplessgun himself.
- Toplessgun - 29 December 2016: "LOL, there are no ghosts. The doors are bugging because unfinished door optimization change that slipped in to this latest update. And to address a more serious issue: there are no jump scares in this game, I hate those."
- Nov 19,2018 @4:15pm - - - Toplessgun: "There is something funny how the unexplained fire always seems to start when not at home. There is nothing in the game that would cause fire only because the player is not home. Direct lightning strike can cause an "unexplained" fire but if there is no thunder in the area that is out of question as well..."
|Locations in My Summer Car|
|Kesselinperä||Home • Toivo's house • Woodshed|
|Loppe||Fleetari Repair Shop • Mansion • River|
|Peräjärvi||Church • Construction site • Graveyard • Tohvakka's farm • Jouko's new house • Lindell inspection shop • Pub Nappo • School • Sportsfield • Suski's house • Teimo's house • Teimo's shop • Wastewater treatment plant|
|Rykipohja||Airfield • Dirt track • Excavation site • Jail • Landfill site • Strawberry field|
|Other||Birdwatching tower • Cottage • Dance pavilion • Livaloinen's house • Grain processing plant • Island • Jouko's house • Kotimuoti Oy • Lake Peräjärvi • Northern lake • Police checkpoint • Radio mast • Sirkka's house • Ski hill • Ventti house|
|Outside the game map||Alivieska town • Enteistö • Laitesmaa • Lappeenpohja • Lappeenvesi • Lukka • Maankorpi • Niuva • Paasijärvi • Pohjanpolska • Raittimaa • Riuhkonperä • Tuosjärvi • Viehtimäki • Vuoksjärvi|