Pena Kesseli (also known as Pentti Juola, Trognar, Turo, Mr. Hitler, Green Goblin, Green bastard of the back Roads or Race driver Jaakko) is a middle-aged man who can be seen driving a little green car based on Fiat 133 (also called Seat 133) around the dirt roads of Alivieska. Following the game's lore, he's the player's cousin. It is possible to take a lift by pressing the hitchhike button, ( by default) and he will stop when he sees the player. The car's passenger-side door can be opened, which makes it possible to enter passenger mode in the same manner as entering driving mode in any driveable vehicle.
Aside from the fact that he has absolutely no regard for anyone else on the road, and will happily smash into the Satsuma at full speed, possibly killing both the player character and himself, he drives fairly competently, traveling at a manageable speed and slowing for corners. The player flipping him the bird while they are riding as a passenger, however, can anger him, resulting in a crazy, speeding middle-aged man almost trying to kill the player character while overcoming corners. There is a tactic with pressing the hitchhike button ( by default) to slow him down for the upcoming corners and angering him ( for default) to gain more speed on the straightaways. He is only actually bad at taking corners. Even when he is angry and is driving very fast, he'll countersteer after jumps on straightaways.
He never stops unless he has crashed or if he has seen the player signal him with a thumbs up. He is available at any time in the day, with the exception of Saturday and Sunday during the rally (He will appear before 10 am and after 6 pm). He is a really unreliable method of transportation as oftentimes he will crash his car or he will simply take far too long to reach the player, meaning you may die before he reaches you.
Pena's (and his car's) state is reset every time a save is reloaded, meaning that he cannot be permanently killed. However, killing Pena with your vehicle will give you an arrest warrant for manslaughter.
- As of the 5 February 2017 update, Pena can be killed.
- He is commonly referred to as "Mr. Hitler", in reference to a former neighbor of Finnish reality stars The Dudesons.
- He is based on the Finnish drunk driver Pentti Juola who got arrested over 100 times for drunk driving.
- Sirkka, the player's grandmother, reveals that Pena is the player's cousin.
- He most likely shares the family surname of Kesseli.
- Pena's father is most likely Uncle Kesseli. It is hinted by the wrecked Fittan next to his house. Possibly, it was destroyed by a drunken Pena driving home.
- Pena keeps a bottle of vodka on his lap while driving that you can take if he dies. Although it will disappear if you save and quit.
- A custom news headline appears if the player dies while his passenger, confirming that Pena is drunk.
- There are no seatbelts in Pena's car. Passenger discretion is strongly advised.